Anime Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Anime Community!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Directory

Tokusatsu General

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuroKitsu
KuroKitsu

Otaku Meter : 59

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 12:24 am

I'm a huge fan of Tokusatsu, again due to a friend. I watched all the Saban stuff(Disney era had some of the best Power Rangers) and Masked Rider but it never occured to me that it be in the same category as Godzilla in Japan. My first Toku series would be Kamen Rider Kabuto and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The last couple of years got me into Garo and with all the anniversary tie in's, Space Sheriff Gavan, Showa Kamen Riders (Namely the Legendary 7), Sharivan and a bunch of the other stuff and I loved it all!!! Though ther merchandise is mainly aimed at kids and the premium collector items cost a arm and both legs.

Toku fans of the site, let us discuss our love of Toku here!!

Last edited by KuroKitsu on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kisuke-matamune.deviantart.com/
MugenAttack
Admin
Admin
MugenAttack

Otaku Meter : 98

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm

i loved garo i have the series backed up on my hard drive and know theres another tokusatsu fan here makes me much more confrontable talking about it even though i am not much with words.
Back to top Go down
KuroKitsu
KuroKitsu

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 pm

The Original Series or Makai Senki? I started with Kiba Gaiden and then Red Requiem and Beast of the Midnight Sun. And it just so happened that Makai Senki started right after. The CG and storyline were amazing, and I wanted to watch the first series to see more of Koga's character developement and the whole Kaoru thing going on. I have to admit Garo gets some of the best actors and actresses among the Toku
Back to top Go down
MugenAttack
Admin
Admin
MugenAttack

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:40 pm

i watched everything from garo from both series to movies/ova and have them on my external hard drive(said that before). now just waiting to be able to watch the new movie thats suppose to be coming out or is already out.

oh i even played the ps2 game based on the original.
Back to top Go down
KuroKitsu
KuroKitsu

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I've seen the trailer for the movie....doesn't make me think of Garo at all.....I hope it surprises me upon release. As for the S3 Cast, I'm pleased to see they want to go beyond Koga and expand the Garo world. I do hope that Hironobu Kageyama comes back to voice Zaruba though.

Are you into Sentai by any chance? The next Sentai series is being directed by Koichi Sakamoto and written by Riku Sanjo, I'm happy that the 2 guys responsible for some of the best Kamen Rider series iin the last 5 years are doing it!
Back to top Go down
MugenAttack
Admin
Admin
MugenAttack

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm

KuroKitsu wrote:
I've seen the trailer for the movie....doesn't make me think of Garo at all.....I hope it surprises me upon release. As for the S3 Cast, I'm pleased to see they want to go beyond Koga and expand the Garo world. I do hope that Hironobu Kageyama comes back to voice Zaruba though.

Are you into Sentai by any chance? The next Sentai series is being directed by Koichi Sakamoto and written by Riku Sanjo, I'm happy that the 2 guys responsible for some of the best Kamen Rider series iin the last 5 years are doing it!

none of the original cast will be in the season 3 of Garo. i am not a big fan of the sentai series but i have watched all of shinkenger and gokaiger and watched first 22 episodes of last sentai.
Back to top Go down
KuroKitsu
KuroKitsu

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Good to hear that they'll be taking the series in a new direction, I am crossing my fingers for possible cameos.

You enjoy Shinkenger? Common opinion was that it was definitely one of the best series...other then Samurai Ha Oh being a huge clusterfuck.

Gokaiger was an excellent tribute series and doing splendidly. Looks like Toei learned from the failure known as Kamen Rider Decade.

How did you find Gobusters? My recommendation is watch the first 3/4 eps to get a grasp on the characters and storyline then jump to 13/14 to go to Beet and Stag Buster's debut. Definitely catch the episodes with Ecape and skip to 28-30 for a cliffhanger. I like Gavan...but they just kind of shoved him in the for 31/32. But everything after 28 should be watched, looks like they finally figured out why the series kind of dipped in veiwers for a while. 34/35 is a must waych given that Aniki has a cameo and does the voice for Tategami Li Oh and the Li Oh Atttache.

Im actually finding Wizard to be entertaining and doing all the things Gobuster messed up right. Though I really hate Shunpei, it more then makes up in the form of Koyomi and Medusa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tokusatsu General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokusatsu General   Tokusatsu General Empty

Back to top Go down

Tokusatsu General

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1